DEFT Frequently Asked Questions
How to use DEFT
To pay your account:
- Click on the DEFT logo above.
- Type the 16 digit DEFT Reference Number, displayed on the bottom of your Levy Notice, into the space provided, click the Go button and follow the steps on screen.
- Print a receipt for your records. (NB: payments you have made will appear on future Levy Notices).
The DEFT payment facility has been introduced for your convenience. However, you can still make your payments by:
- Phoning 1300 30 10 90 and pay by Credit Card (Mastercard / Visa / Amex / Diners). A surcharge will apply for using your credit card.
- In person at any Australia Post outlet. (Australia Post apply a surcharge of $2.75. Be sure to add that amount otherwise your levies will be in arrears)
- Mail to DEFT Payment Systems with the tear off section from your notice.
What is DEFT?
DEFT Payment Systems - the flagship product of Macquarie Payment Services - is a simple, easy and secure way to manage payments.
When can DEFT be paid?
DEFT payments can be made 24 hours a day, every day.
Who can I ask for help?
The DEFT help desk is available on 1800 672 162 between 8:30am and 6:30pm to assist with your enquiries.
Will DEFT Payments Services automatically deduct payments?
DEFT is strictly a customer initiated payment service. If you require payments to come out of your bank account or credit card on a regular basis you must create a recurring payment online or by phone.
DEFT will automatically deduct payments on the recurring basis (weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly) you have established. Alternatively, you can initiate an individual payment, whether it is an immediate or future payment.
To create a recurring payment you will need to select the "Maintain Future and Recurring Payments" option on the website or the phone system and follow the prompts.